Did you forget your wordpress admin password? Don’t panic!
If you have ever lost or forgot your password to access the WordPress dashboard, it can be very frustrating. Luckily WordPress provides quite a few options for changing or resetting your WordPress password.
We realize that there’s plenty of tutorials online to reset your admin password but they are all complicated and require a lot of command line ssh experience. In just a few steps you can reset your admin password right through cPanel in less than 2 minutes.
- Login into cPanel, Under the Database Section, Click on PHPMyAdmin
- Select the database of your WordPress (if you are unsure which database please have a look on your wp-config.php files)
- Select the ‘wp_users’ table
- Click Edit (pencil icon) next to the line that says ‘admin’
- In the user_pass field, paste your password by pressing Ctrl – V. From the drop-down, select MD5.
- Click Go at the bottom to save it and you’re done!
Now try to login to your WordPress with the new password and Voila!
Using the Emergency Password Reset Script
If other solutions did not work, then you may wish to try using the Emergency Password Reset Script. It is not a plugin but rather a PHP script.
- Using this script requires you know the admin username.
- The script updates the admin password and sends an email to the admin’s email address.
- If you do not get the email sent, the password is still changed.
- The script is to be placed at the root of your WordPress installation.
- Removing the script when finished is extremely important for security reasons.
Happy WordPress, If you need help with WordPress don’t hesitate to Contact our support and If you are looking for WordPress Hosting here you go!